Daily Dose | Go Ape & TGI Fridays







Hello everyone, I hope you're having a lovely monday!

When working a full time job and giving your all, you can sometimes lose what's important in life. Work becomes your life and every other aspect seems to fail. You end up replying to invites saying you're tired or can't make it because you are working. Soon enough you don't have to reply to invites because people have given up. It's horribly true. 


Now I am not working a full time job I have time to spend with my family and friends, going out on adventures and actually doing things I've wanted to do for so long. This is what this post is about. 

I've named it 'daily dose'. I know, it sounds a bit stupid but I wanted a name that would be annoyingly catchy! What my daily dose will be is me going over the adventures I have gone on on certain days, just like a vlog so that I can recap it and remember all the fun and interesting things I've done.

So today I will be talking about my day out a couple of days ago for my friends birthday. It was my friends 20th and therefore we all went on an adventurous day out to go ape! If you don't know what go ape is it is an adventure sport place where you can do crazy activities such as tree trekking and riding segways. There are many different versions all over England but we decided to go to the Forest of Dean as it was the closest.

Now on the way there we kind of got lost and ended up going over the bridge to Wales! It was very funny as we thought the place was in England however it is on the boarder between Wales and England. Because we were so late we had to end up phoning them up and asking if we could move to a later session which was all well.

Once we finally got there I was so excited! I am a massive adrenaline junkie in some senses and therefore this sort of experience is right up my street. Firstly they go through some training with you and show you how to clip yourself onto the trees (otherwise you may fall and die) and then they let you go off and do it all yourself. I really liked this as you didn't feel pressured and could do it at your own pace without others watching.

Now there were many different obstacles within the trees and all were rated either moderate, difficult or extreme and of course, I tried all the extreme ones. The part I was most scared about was all the zip wires as my biggest fear is not having something underneath me (This is the reason I'm scared to fly) but I think I overcome this fear and managed to actually really enjoy the zip wires.

Overall I really enjoyed my experience at Go Ape as it made me push myself even further and I would really enjoy going to some of the other sites.

Now on the way home from Go Ape we kind of got lost again. We had been climbing trees for ages meaning we were tired and hungry and just wanted to sit down and have a nice meal. We ended up in Cheltenham and managed to find a TGI Fridays. I had never been to TGI's before so this was all new to me but their food and customer service was amazing. The food was so filling and great for it's price and they even gave us all free chocolate cake for my friends birthday which was absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe I hadn't been there before, I will definitely be going back again!


That was my day. I would say it was an amazing day out and  loved every second of it. 

Have you ever been to Go Ape or tree trekking before? Thanks for reading and if you did enjoy this sort of post please let me know as I would be interested in making more. Thanks again!





Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time! I love reading posts like this, need to step up my adventure game now haha :)

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks like you had a lot of fun! wish i could do the same :( x

    www.scribblesandblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went tree trekking two years ago, it really is a lot of fun.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Go Ape before, but it sounds like so much fun! I love TGI's as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Have a nice week sweetie!

    If you want to follow each other, please follow me on GFC or Bloglovin and I'll do the same ;)


    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaways: Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be able to do all of this and go to TGI's on Mondays, but I work way too much haha.

    Looks like you has fun :)

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessie! Sounds like you had so much fun! The one that looked like a hanging bridge looks scary, but I can understand the adrenaline rush you must be feeling at that point. Also, wasn't there a reference on The Forest of Dean from the Harry Potter books somewhere? I could be wrong, but it sounds familiar. :)

    Kissel │www.palettesnferrules.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daily dose is such a lovely idea! I really want to go, 'Go Ape'. Looks like an incredible amount of fun x

    VanessaVonJames | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, inspiring post!

    Stefanie x
    http://www.thefashionrose.com/

    ReplyDelete